A. Cause: Argulus sp.
B. Characteristics of pathogens:
- Parasites in this fish are known as "fish fleas" and how to attack them is by sucking blood.
- Argulus sp's body is flat, and looks more like a plate.
- Injuring the body of the fish with the help of cytolytic enzymes.
- In addition to the skin, these fleas are also often found under the gill cover of fish.
- In general, almost all types of freshwater fish are susceptible to these parasitic infections.
- At high intensity attacks, adult fish can experience death due to lack of blood.
C. Clinical Symptoms:
- Visual observation of these parasites such as lice attached to the fish's body, accompanied by bleeding around the bite site.
- As a result of parasite attacks, irritation of the skin of the fish, loss of balance, swimming is not normal, rubbing the body of the fish in hard objects around it.
Observation by the eye will show the presence of parasites attached to the fish's body
- Drying at the bottom of the pond followed by liming activities.
- Soaking in Ammonium Chloride (NH4Cl) solution at a dose of 1.0 - 1.5% for 15 minutes, or kitchen salt at a dose of 1.25% within 15 minutes;
- Administer Temephos (Abate) at a dose of 1 mg / liter (aquarium) and 1.5 mg / liter (pond).
- soaking with kitchen salt 500-1000mg / liter for 24 hours or more, repeated every week for 4 times;
- Potassium permanganate (PK) 2-5 mg / L for 24 hours or more;